Thursday, September 20, 2012

Workout Diary: Leg Day 9/20/2012

Since this is my first workout diary posting, I'll explain a few things for starters. I will be posting my workouts here occasionally to chronicle my progress. This is mostly for personal reference, but readers may also be able to incorporate some of my exercises and splits into their own routines.

Today was leg day. I did less volume today than I typically do, but I still got a pretty good workout in.

3 sets, 15 reps incline leg press - 270 pounds
2 sets, 12 reps incline leg press - 320 pounds
2 sets, 15 reps sitting calf raises - 70 pounds
2 sets, 12 reps sitting calf raises - 90 pounds
3 sets quad leg extensions - 100 - 120 pounds, pyramid, 20, 15, 12 reps
2 sets hamstring curls 85 pounds
1 set hamstring curls 100 pounds

I left the gym barely able to walk, just the way it should be.

I'll try to up my weights next month. I omitted squats this time since my back was still aching from my back workout earlier this week; squats will probably replace a few of the incline leg presses in the future, as they typically do. I will also go back to standing calf raises with the barbell across my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment