Sunday, October 21, 2012

Unfortunately, Just One of Those Weeks

I had planned to have a busy week, but I did not plan to have such an unfortunate week that would keep me from the gym. I was only able to make it to the gym three times this week, but I was able to make up for it by doing a bit of calisthenics and hitting my heavy bag.

Friday was supposed to be leg day, but I couldn't bring myself to go to the gym. I thought that I would be able to bring myself to go today, but didn't. I decided to take the weekend off, try to clear my head, then get back to work on Monday.

I lost a friend and neighbor this Friday. Although I ultimately made the decision to start going to the gym on my own, her healthy lifestyle partially inspired me to start working out myself. We only went running once together, but I learned from her, and the experience was an inspiration to try to push just a little extra when running (cardio has never been my strong point). Aside from being encouraging and inspiring in my fitness life, she was one of few people whom I considered genuinely decent and "sunny" to be around.

I am still in disbelief that she is gone. If there is an afterlife or final resting place, I hope that she is resting in happiness.

As for me, life has to go on. I have lost close family members and friends over the years, and I have somehow survived. If I am to survive, I have to go and do it. Monday, it's back to work making gainz. No excuses, and no mercy; I cannot expect mercy from the world, and for me to be able to stand up and conquer my adversaries, or at least attempt to ensure that any victories that they claim over me are Pyrrhic, I must show myself no mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment