Monday, December 31, 2012

The 2013 Physical Cliff

While the politicians in Washington D.C. bicker about the Fiscal Cliff, I'm going to be pushing myself over the Physical Cliff. I realize that physical exercise is really the only worthwhile thing going in my life, and I need to step it up and maximize my intensity.

My plan for next year is to work two muscle groups per day in the gym, five days a week, then hit my heavy bag every day for at least thirty minutes. The proposed regimen will allow me to hit each muscle group twice per week. This isn't really great training for boxing, but it will be good for my body. Hopefully, I'll be able to get into at least one boxing match in this upcoming year as well, even if I am dominated. I'll have to look into it more. Medical clearance will be tough, but there may be ways around that.

I am happy to report that I have accomplished my physical goals for the year 2012. Aside from the goals that I have stated above, I also hope to put on at least five more pounds of muscle by the end of 2013, assuming that I live through it.

I hope that you all have a safe and happy new year. Don't give up on your fitness resolutions. Make small ones if you have to; once you see the results, it will become an addiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment