Monday, December 3, 2012

Gainz Report and Back Day: 12/3/2012

Last week went as planned. I've decided to use a similar plan for this week, but with back day and pectoral day interchanged.

Today was back day. Actually, I should probably just call it "lat day" since I focused my workout on my latissimi dorsi; I'll work on my spinal erectors on core day (Wednesday), and my shoulders on arm day (Thursday or Friday). My workout for today went as follows:

4 sets, 8 - 12 reps wide grip pullups - body weight
3 sets, 8 - 12 reps narrow grip pullups - body weight
2 sets, 15 reps T-bar rows 45 pound plate plus bar
3 sets, 10 reps T-bar rows 70 pounds plus bar
2 sets, 6 reps T-bar rows 90 pounds plus bar
3 sets, 12 reps cable row machine - 125 pounds
2 sets, 10 reps cable row machine - 145 pounds
2 sets, 10 reps underhand lat bar pull downs - 100 pounds

I am especially proud that I was finally able to lift two 45 pound plates doing T-bar rows. I tried doing it about a month or so ago after seeing someone else do it, and I was told by a workout buddy that I may never be able to do it. Well, no offense to him, but I proved him wrong and proved myself capable. Hopefully I'll be able to do a solid ten reps two months from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment